For patients in the UK, it is now possible to nominate a pharmacy to which your electronic prescriptions are automatically sent. Nominate a pharmacy and make prescription collection easy!
NHS definition of Electronic Prescription Service (EPS)
EPS allows prescribers to send prescriptions electronically to a dispenser (such as a pharmacy) of the patient’s choice. This makes the prescribing and dispensing process more efficient and convenient for patients and staff.
What is a nominated pharmacy?
A nominated pharmacy is the pharmacy of your choice, where your prescriptions will be sent automatically. You can ask your GP practice to connect it or use the Medloop app to set it up!
You can find information on your nominated pharmacy in your profile, as well as in your list of medications – to ensure that your pickup goes smoothly.
Where can I set up a nominated pharmacy in my app?
- Go to your ‘Profile‘ and then ‘Health Services‘. You will find a category called ‘Prescription Collection’. You can nominate a pharmacy here.
Note: This service must be enabled by your practice. Reach out to your practice if you can‘t see it.
- Next up, click on the card that says ‘Get started‘.
- You will then be asked to confirm your postcode and a list of pharmacies will appear.
- Select the pharmacy of your choosing.
- You will receive a confirmation and your pharmacy will be updated.
Can I amend or remove my nominated pharmacy?
Of course, you can amend or remove your nominated pharmacy.
- Go to your ‘Profile‘ and then click on ‘Health Services‘. You will now find a category called ‘Nominated Pharmacy‘. Click on this category.
- You will see the pharmacy you have nominated and a button that says ‘Edit‘. Click on it.
- You will be given the choice of ‘Remove‘ or ‘Amend‘.
How do I find out if this service is enabled for me?
- Go to your ‘Profile‘ and then click on ‘Health Services‘. You will find a category called ‘Patient Services‘.
- There you will find a list of all the services that have been made available by your GP. Look for ‘Electronic Prescriptions (EPS)‘ if it is green, it is enabled! If it is red, please reach out to your GP practice and ask them to enable it for you.
Still not sure how to do it?
Contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org. We are happy to help!
If you want to learn more about EPS, please visit: https://digital.nhs.uk/services/electronic-prescription-service